I offer you a friendly, genuine, professional and very experienced & effective service.
My interactive approach, is tailored to your individual needs to help you to: understand yourself and others more fully, work through patterns, make the changes in your feelings and thinking and behaviour, which you want to make.
• You are in safe hands: as I have over 20 years of experience of making a difference to peoples lives • You can be assured by my credentials: I am a senior BACP accredited counsellor and psychotherapist, registered with UKCP, with a Masters in Psychology • In addition you get from me up-to-date knowledge, as I train others in counselling and psychotherapy as senior lecturer at University and I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy • Plus: with me you can get to work with a whole-hearted professional: I am immersed in the field, e.g. also through presenting at national and international conferences (Belgium, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, USA).
Above all: I am human and talk with you in a warm, sensitive and natural way. For me you are not a standard 'case', you are a unique person. I am here to help you, to access your own inner potential, to understand your life's lessons, to find your own answers and to experience deep contentment in living the life you know you could live.
I am a: Psychologist - Psychotherapist - Counsellor - Supervisor - Consultant
• Dipl.-Psych. - MA - Masters in Psychology (specialised in: Clinical Psychology; Counselling Psychology; and Educational Psychology);
• PGDipHE - Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education,
• MBACP (Senior Accredited) - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy,
• UKCP Registered - United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy,
• Member MBPsS - British Psychological Society,
• Fellow FHEA - Higher Education Academy
• Member of AHP - American Association for Humanistic Psychology
• Member of IARR - International Association for Relationship Research
• Member ADPCA- Association for the Development of the Person-Centered Approach
I offer my services for psychotherapy and counselling in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
Also offered: supervision for counselling and psychotherapy in St Albans.
Currently I am writing my PhD thesis in Counselling Psychology (topic: relationships, meaning in life and well-being).
I am trained in humanistic person-centred counselling and psychotherapy (under the late Prof. Dr. Reinhard Tausch, friend and professional colleague of the founder of the approach, Prof. Dr. Carl Rogers).
For over 20 years I have successfully helped individuals and couples.
63 Doggetts Way, St. Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 2NF, GB
phone: (01727) 750088
Mondays-Thursdays: first appointment starts at 11am - last appointment starts at 7pm
Mondays-Fridays between 11am-7pm.
Or leave a message any day and time and I call you back.
For your protection and to honour the trust of your working relationship, all information you'll give me is treated by me strictly confidential.
All sessions are confidential, including your initial phone or email enquiry.
In the rare event, that a breach of confidentiality would be required for your own safety, due to strong evidence-type grounds, that your or an other persons life is in serous danger, I will always endeavour to obtain your consent first before such a breach.
Should you ever wish that I do release some information to a third party, such release will be discussed beforehand and agreed upon between us in writing, which serves to safeguard against any misunderstandings.
This statement has been made in adherence with the Code of Ethics of the professional bodies I am member of. I am compliant with the UK and EU GDPR data privacy laws.